Is lack of experience preventing you from landing the job of your dreams? It’s an all to frequent cycle that occurs when companies hire only those with experience and leave hard working and smart applicants wanting. Here are some helpful tips to gather the necessary experience to achieve your dream job.
- Be specific on what you want to do; know your skill sets and talents. List those jobs that you’d like to have.
- Be a volunteer. You can gain valuable experience and skills that will enhance your resume by volunteering and maybe interact with potential contacts as well.
- Check out small companies and apply to them. Larger companies get more applicants and invariably they will select the one with more experience. Smaller companies may allow you the opportunity for on the job training.
- Use social media and network with friends and relatives. Let them know you are looking and ask if they are aware of any job opportunities in your field.
- Don’t rely exclusively on HR. Complete all the necessary forms and reach out (if possible) to those who are making the hiring decisions.
For additional tips and more in depth information, please copy and paste the following link: