Upcoming Job Fairs
We will post upcoming job fairs here as they are announced.
Job Fair Tips
- Target the most promising participating employers and do your homework about their companies.
- Take 25-40 clean, crisp resumes in a nice portfolio or briefcase.
- Prepare a 2-3 minute spiel about yourself–a short summary of your skills, talents, and experiences. Practice it.
- Dress professionally.
- Be prepared to complete an application on the spot. This means having all your employment information and dates on hand.
- Arrive early, get a booth map, if available, plan your route to your targeted employers.
- After talking with a representative, ask what you need to do to get a second interview with this company. Ask if follow-up letters/calls are appropriate. Don’t push, but show your interest by asking.
- Collect business cards and follow up with a thank you note to each employer representative that you’ve talked to.
- Track the employers that you’ve submitted your resume to and jot down notes about each, including the rep’s name.
Finally, see yourself as employers see you. Watch this YouTube video about Job Fair Preparation. It’s aimed at students, but the advice is appropriate for everyone.