Upcoming Job Fairs
Plano ISD Teacher Job Fair
April 22, 2016
Texas Job Fair Calendar
“Texas’ No. 1 Job Fair source since 2001”
RecruitMilitary Dallas-Ft Worth Area Veteran Job Fair
*Updated* – March 2, 2017
Job Fair Tips
- Target the most promising participating employers and do your homework about their companies.
- Take 25-40 clean, crisp resumes in a nice portfolio or briefcase.
- Prepare a 2-3 minute spiel about yourself–a short summary of your skills, talents, and experiences. Practice it.
- Dress professionally.
- Be prepared to complete an application on the spot. This means having all your employment information and dates on hand.
- Arrive early, get a booth map, if available, plan your route to your targeted employers.
- After talking with a representative, ask what you need to do to get a second interview with this company. Ask if follow-up letters/calls are appropriate. Don’t push, but show your interest by asking.
- Collect business cards and follow up with a thank you note to each employer representative that you’ve talked to.
- Track the employers that you’ve submitted your resume to and jot down notes about each, including the rep’s name.
Read the full articles:
Finally, see yourself as employers see you. Watch this YouTube video about Job Fair Preparation. It’s aimed at students, but the advice is appropriate for everyone.