While we often post about suggested books or helpful articles to read, the Plano Public Library Job Center offers many resources for you to explore at any time based on your interests and needs. When viewing the Job Center homepage, the most recent blog post will display on the left half of the screen while the right side of the screen will have the Plano Public Library logo, a search the Job Center site for specific keywords or articles, and links to various career resources chosen by the Plano Public Library Job Center committee.
The list below highlights resources on the right side of the page with a brief description about what you will find on each of those pages.
- Career Information – Learn about career or skills needed for different careers with resources focusing on skill development, selecting a career, and more.
- E-Skills – Computer skills are crucial not only in the workplace but also in simply searching and applying for most jobs. Connect with free tools to improve your computer skills from the very basic to the advanced skills with these resources.
- Find a Job Online – Where can you find job postings? This list contains links to popular job search engines.
- Interview Tips & Advice – How do you prepare for an interview? What do you wear? What do you say? Find answers to those questions and more on this page.
- Job Fairs – You can find links to area job fairs and tips on how to successfully navigate a job fair when you go.
- Networking – Build a network of connections with these resources.
- Resources from PPL InfoLINKS – Find a list of resources featured on Plano Public Library’s InfoLINKS including Plano Public Library databases, State of Texas resources, federal resources, and more.
- Resumes & Cover Letters – What should your resume look like? What should you include in a cover letter? Access resume tips and templates.
- Coping with Unemployment – Get back on your feet with these resources.