September is Library Card Sign-up Month, a time when the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries nationwide join together to remind communities that signing up for a library card is the first step towards lifelong learning.
In that spirit, please note a select list that doesn’t even begin to tell all the ways the library can help you with your career, job search, or student endeavors. So sign up for your Plano Library card today!
- Use a library computer to apply for a job, fill out forms, and do research…
- and free Wi-Fi for your laptop or mobile device…
- and a computer scanner to share documents.
- Launch your future: Get free assistance with job searches, resume writing, and interview tips…
- …or become an entrepreneur. Learn how to write a business plan.
- Get ready for the SAT with online test-prep services.
- Learn how to manage your money or pay for college with books.
- Book a meeting room for your community organization.
- Develop and print your prototype with our 3D printer.
- Learn a new language with books, cds, or DVDs.
- Explore e-books and e-magazines…
- and streaming video…
- and online learning with Lynda.com.
- Research using premium library databases.
- Request an appointment with a librarian for one-on-one help.
- Or just find a quiet spot to read or work.
Many more ways that Plano Public Library is more than just books.
This list is adapted from a much longer article from ilovelibraries.